April 10, 2013

Germany trip #6

The Baltic Comic projects comes to an end. We've all moved to Kiel for the exhibition of our work.
To be continued....
The above is a comic about comic translations, that I made before the workshops. 
This comic was also shown at the exhibition, together with the 'redrawn' version of
Allan Haverholm (just like I redrew the story of Gregor Hinz, see previous post).
But I forgot to take a proper pic of Allan's comic because I liked his sketches so much:
My comic was about translation, so of course it was extremely difficult to draw it without
any text. That's why I love Allan's solution of translating it into an abstract visual language!

Then the translators had also translated all comics into German. Because I had some time to
spend (and couldn't make a new print) I simply redrew my comic with the German text:

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha geniaal dat je een waterkoker en thee en mok heb gekocht :D
    En ik wou ook nog even zeggen dat jullie je misschien ouwe lullo's voelen maar als ik net zo stoer en awesome ben als ik 40 ben, dan klaag ik niet hoor!! [En dat moet je dus als compliment opvatten... zulke dingen zeggen is nou altijd awkward, haha oops.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh dank je wel, wat een prachtig compliment! :-D Ik hoop dat ook iemand dat tegen jou gaat zeggen als je 40 bent!

    (trouwens, ik ging even spieken op je site en je lijkt me nu al stoer en awesome! Leuk, lolita! (wel duurrrrrr) en fijn dat je je zo kan kleden, ik ben er helaas toch echt te oud voor. ;-) )

    ReplyDelete